Friday, July 11, 2008

Lisa

I am having so much fun on this trip so far. People have been so open and supportive of the tour as we go through the many small towns in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Right now I am sitting in a coffee shop in Ontario, Oregon. One of the employees of the shop is keeping it open two hours over the normal time, so that we can use the Internet (ours is still not working, and I am not holding out much hope).



I am also learning a lot on the trip. As I talk to more and more people I am beginning to discover what I have to say to people about my faith. I have had more opportunities in the past two weeks to talk about my faith (and the bike trip) to complete strangers than I have had in the past 19 years. It has been both intimidating and exciting.



Last night we had a huge wind/dust storm in the small town of Huntington, Oregon. In the middle of the night we (along with many others) decided to take down our tent, not an easy task in a storm with gusts of wind reaching 50 miles an hour, and sleep in the gym. It was a good bonding experience if nothing else.



I am excited to have a day off on Sunday to let my muscles rest and recuperate. I am sorry that there are not many pictures, but there is just not enough speed, I am sure there is some technical term I do not know, to update pictures on a normal basis. Hopefully you will all get to see them when you get home. I have to say though pictures do not do justice to God's beautiful world that we are riding through.



Thank you for your prayers and support. We thank all of you.

Lisa Brouwer

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Lisa -- it's so fun to hear from you! I am glad that you're having a good time and are able to share some of your story. Can't wait to see more pictures when you get home!!